How can I become a member of the Kiwanis Club of Mariemont?
Membership is open to individuals who share the vision of improving the lives of children in our community through hands-on-service and/or financial support, with each member supporting the club in the ways that make most sense to them, based on personal interests, strengths and time.
What are the benefits of being a Kiwanis member?
Through Kiwanis membership, you will better the lives of children locally and globally, have the opportunity to develop leadership skills, make business contacts, develop friendships, and have a lot of fun! Most importantly, you will change the lives of children in our community and around the world for the better.
Members also receive Kiwanis magazine ten times a year, enjoy access to an online community, as well as discounts on products and services.
Are there membership requirements?
Our goals can only be achieved and our community improved through the direct efforts of our membership in a variety of ways. Each year, we ask that members participate in our teams, support our fundraising activities, and promote the club’s mission to identify new members. You can decide how involved you want to be – but we need you!
You can support our efforts in the ways that best fit you through one or more of the following:
- Participating in hands-on service projects that benefit the students of the Mariemont Schools.
- Collecting resources to benefit those in need in our community.
- Supporting fundraising activities for our club.
- Advising and empowering youth in our community through our school-based programs.
- Promoting the club’s mission to attract new members, financial support and partnerships with other community organizations.
- Serving in club leadership roles.
What is the membership fee?
There are two options to become a part of the Kiwanis Club of Mariemont.
To become a full member, the cost is $110 a year. This membership fee helps to support the goals and operations of both the Kiwanis Club of Mariemont and Kiwanis International.
The second option is to become a “Friend of Kiwanis” for $50. This fee helps support the goals and operations of the Kiwanis Club of Mariemont.
Dues are collected in October.
When do we meet?
The Kiwanis Club of Mariemont meets once a week on Tuesday at the Village Church of Mariemont on the corner of Oak and Maple. Doughnuts and coffee are available beginning at 7:30 a.m. The meeting begins at 7:45 a.m. and concludes by 8:30 a.m.
Joining Kiwanis is easy and it begins by just showing up and/or attending an onboarding meeting!
1. Submit a membership application at any time.
2. Complete a brief orientation with the membership coordinator or attend an onboarding meeting.
3. Become a member or a friend of the club.
4. Get formally inducted at a meeting.
Who can I contact for more information?
Contact our Member Services team leader, David Boyles.