BECOME A MEMBER OF THE KIWANIS CLUB OF MARIEMONT
You can decide how involved you want to be – but we need you!
INVOLVED IN THE SCHOOLS
- Over $250,000 raised for scholarships award to area students
- Sponsorship of local Kiwanis Family Programs including three Builders Clubs and the MHS Key Club
- Sponsorship of the HOBY Leadership Program
- Leadership of Junior High School Stock Club
- Sponsorship of the Winners Walk Tall Program at Mariemont and Terrace Park Elementary
- Contributions to the Global Leadership Summit
INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITY
- Financial support for the MariElders Center for adults 55 and older.
- Financial support for SOKKS (Southern Ohio Kiwanis for Kids)
- Financial support of SWOKHMA
- Contributions to the annual Mariemont High School Track Meet
- Coordination of the Memorial Day Essay contest
- Involvement in Kiwanis Eliminate Project, eliminating maternal & neonatal tetanus across the globe
- Partnerships throughout the Fairfax, Mariemont & Terrace Park communities
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Membership is open to individuals who share the vision of improving the lives of children in our community through hands-on-service and/or financial support, with each member supporting the club in the ways that make most sense to them, based on personal interests, strengths and time.
Through Kiwanis membership, you will better the lives of children locally and globally, have the opportunity to develop leadership skills, make business contacts, develop friendships, and have a lot of fun! Most importantly, you will change the lives of children in our community and around the world for the better.
Members also receive Kiwanis magazine ten times a year, enjoy access to an online community, as well as discounts on products and services.
You can support our efforts in the ways that best fit you through one or more of the following:
- Participating in hands-on service projects that benefit the students of the Mariemont Schools.
- Collecting resources to benefit those in need in our community.
- Supporting fundraising activities for our club.
- Advising and empowering youth in our community through our school-based programs.
- Promoting the club’s mission to attract new members, financial support and partnerships with other community organizations.
- Serving in club leadership roles.
There are two options to become a part of the Kiwanis Club of Mariemont.
To become a full member, the cost is $110 a year. This membership fee helps to support the goals and operations of both the Kiwanis Club of Mariemont and Kiwanis International.
The second option is to become a “Friend of Kiwanis” for $50. This fee helps support the goals and operations of the Kiwanis Club of Mariemont.
Dues are collected in October.
The Kiwanis Club of Mariemont meets once a week on Tuesday at the Village Church of Mariemont on the corner of Oak and Maple. Doughnuts are available beginning at 7:30 a.m. The meeting begins at 7:45 a.m. and concludes by 8:30 a.m.
Joining Kiwanis is easy and it begins by just showing up and/or attending an onboarding meeting!
1. Submit a membership application at any time.
2. Complete a brief orientation with the membership coordinator or attend an onboarding meeting.
3. Become a member or a friend of the club.
4. Get formally inducted at a meeting.
Contact our Member Services team leader, David Boyles.